July 9, 2013

Flower Pressing

So what do you do with old textbooks you ask? You press flowers of course! Last Monday I started a pressed flower or vegetation or whatever  I feel like pressing journal. I went out and got a hard cover Moleskine notebook with an elastic and some pretty tape and I was ready to go. So every day last week I picked something new, pressed it and put it in my journal. It's kind of fun! It really makes me want to go out in the woods and see what I can find and now I am just anticipating the arrival of fall even more. Hello orange, red and yellow leaves! As you can see from the pictures, some turned out and some didn't. Its all trial and error. The color in the purple flower was completely pressed out. Maybe Ill press it again but this time directly into my journal. A purple splotch might be kind of cool. Possibly. Maybe. Im excited for the ferns to be done pressing so I can add those!

1 comment:

  1. Found your blog through the blog hop and I LOVE your blog, great photos :)

    Sophierosehearts x

    ReplyDelete

Search Pretty Lovely